What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (2 Viewers)

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

The upper level was closed off on opening day? They really couldnt sell it out today?
Nope. The new stadium won’t sell out on OD either. But it’ll be pretty. And the payroll will be the same.
Baseball tickets today

Rays - available as low as $17
Marlins - available as low as $7
A's - available as low as $12

Conversely if you want to see
Phillies - as low as $113
Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

All prices courtesy of ESPN.com and yeah, Phils are a season opener, but tickets for less than 20 bucks for a major league baseball game are pretty crazy low, imo.

Always been the best value for pro sports. An NBA game is laughably expensive.
Twins offered a package this year, $50 per month got you into the stadium for as many home games as you want to go to. It didn't get you a seat, but there are plenty of places around the stadium to watch a game and if you wanted, you could always purchase a seat. I don't live close enough to the Twin cities, but if I did I would jump on that offer, very cheap entertainment.

Didn't realize I hated Rhys Hoskins until yesterday. And I don't particularly care for the Mets or Jeff McNeil

What was their little tickle fight all about? I saw some clips but couldn't fathom what caused the hurt butt.

Oh, I see it now. Hoskins went Ty Cobb on McNeil. Yeah, I'd be mad too, Jeff.
Started 3/3 today then at the next at-bat, the pitcher threw behind him and got ejected.

Didn't realize I hated Rhys Hoskins until yesterday. And I don't particularly care for the Mets or Jeff McNeil

What was their little tickle fight all about? I saw some clips but couldn't fathom what caused the hurt butt.

Started 3/3 today then at the next at-bat, the pitcher threw behind him and got ejected.
Pretty funny how Hoskins called McNeil a crybaby yesterday then was bawling his eyes out today after that. Hate him.

2-0. Nice to see Buxton back at it. Skol Twins.
He was flying around first on the one double. It is so nice to see his wheels under him again. Imagine what he could do if he could stay healthy for 120 games. It is also only 2 games in, but Correa also looks a lot better than he did last year.

He was flying around first on the one double. It is so nice to see his wheels under him again. Imagine what he could do if he could stay healthy for 120 games. It is also only 2 games in, but Correa also looks a lot better than he did last year.
Hopefully Lewis is back healthy soon too.
He’s already been diagnosed as having a “serious “ quad injury. My guess is we aren’t seeing him back for a couple months.

He’s already been diagnosed as having a “serious “ quad injury. My guess is we aren’t seeing him back for a couple months.

On the plus side, he'll carry a 3.500 OPS into June

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

The upper level was closed off on opening day? They really couldnt sell it out today?
Nope. The new stadium won’t sell out on OD either. But it’ll be pretty. And the payroll will be the same.
Baseball tickets today

Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

All prices courtesy of ESPN.com and yeah, Phils are a season opener, but tickets for less than 20 bucks for a major league baseball game are pretty crazy low, imo.

Twins offered a package this year, $50 per month got you into the stadium for as many home games as you want to go to. It didn't get you a seat, but there are plenty of places around the stadium to watch a game and if you wanted, you could always purchase a seat. I don't live close enough to the Twin cities, but if I did I would jump on that offer, very cheap entertainment.

That seems very cool. I wonder how strict they are with people sitting down in empty seats.

On the plus side, he'll carry a 3.500 OPS into June
Going to be tough to get him off the top of the leaderboard

Unfortunately, my guess is we don't see him again until June

Rays-Ball ‘24, baby!

Baseball tickets today

Astros - as low as $52
Padres - as low as $51

Me too! I have season tickets to the local college team and even though I have a seat behind home plate I usually stand for about half the game and end up in a seat "wherever" eventually. Start out along right field, then move to the standing area behind the 1st base dugout, then behind the 3rd base dugout or home plate. Couple of old guys have seats near me and saw me for the first time the other day, even though we're 27 games into the season. :D

It was a late slide but it wasn't Ty Cobb. The cleats were on the ground and not at the groin.

It was a late slide but it wasn't Ty Cobb. The cleats were on the ground and not at the groin.

He went right after his ankle. I've watched it a few times, he slides, then lifts his lead foot up to target McNeil's ankle, which might not be the kibbles n bits, but could really hurt a guy.

He went right after his ankle. I've watched it a few times, he slides, then lifts his lead foot up to target McNeil's ankle, which might not be the kibbles n bits, but could really hurt a guy.
I agree it could hurt but I didn't see him as lifting to go after the ankle specifically. It was late for sure but I though the kept the spikes down and just went through the bag because of the late slide. I thought it was a good/hard baseball play. The lifting of the foot was to avoid catching a spike in the ground. It was a normal slide (IMO).

In high school it would be an auto double play because the runner cannot go past the bag. But that is not in the rules for MLB. You have to go straight at the bag and Hoskins did that.

I agree it could hurt but I didn't see him as lifting to go after the ankle specifically. It was late for sure but I though the kept the spikes down and just went through the bag because of the late slide. I thought it was a good/hard baseball play. The lifting of the foot was to avoid catching a spike in the ground. It was a normal slide (IMO).

In high school it would be an auto double play because the runner cannot go past the bag. But that is not in the rules for MLB. You have to go straight at the bag and Hoskins did that.

I see it differently and I have not rooting interest in either team. I think Rhys went for his ankle and don't fault McNeil for being angry about it. But it's baseball. We move on.

I see it differently and I have not rooting interest in either team. I think Rhys went for his ankle and don't fault McNeil for being angry about it. But it's baseball. We move on.
I have no interest in either team either. If I was McNeil I wouldn't have liked the late slide either but didn't think it was necessarily "dirty". I agree it was baseball and understand both sides on how they saw it.

I have no interest in either team either. If I was McNeil I wouldn't have liked the late slide either but didn't think it was necessarily "dirty". I agree it was baseball and understand both sides on how they saw it.
I'm with you on this.

Spotrac
@spotrac

#MLB Opening Day 26-Man Payrolls
NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Astros with a 10-0 lead and a no hitter going into the 9th v. TOR. If they finish this out it'll help ease the pain of getting swept by the Yanks 🤞

Spotrac
@spotrac

NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Dodgers seems low.

Spotrac
@spotrac

NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Dodgers seems low.
Ohtani only counts as 2 million

Spotrac
@spotrac

NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Dodgers seems low.
Per day?

Spotrac
@spotrac

NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Dodgers seems low.
40 man roster is a different story https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1773776126369833247

Pretty early in the season for a no-hitter (that's not a combined nono). Go Jays.

Jays fans up here already throwing in the towel, which is reasonable, since they did nothing to improve on their deficiencies from last year. They spent huge $ to renovate Rogers Centre and won't be too happy if they are playing in front of 15k fans every night

Spotrac
@spotrac

NYY, $226M
PHI, $221M
NYM, $212M
TOR, $204M
ATL, $199M
LAD, $192M
HOU, $191M
CHC, $180M
SF, $150M
TEX, $148M
LAA, $147M
STL, $145M
SD, $145M
BOS, $126M
SEA, $123M
MIN, $113M
CHW, $113M
COL, $105M
ARI, $101M
KC, $97M
DET, $95M
CIN, $86M
BAL, $86M
MIL, $82M
WSH, $79M
TB, $78M
CLE, $77M
MIA, $77M
PIT, $76M
OAK, $43M

Dodgers seems low.
Per day?
Per season

Ticket prices for todays games are absolutely wild, a few gems:

Mets, White sox, Cubs all under 5 bucks
Orioles, Marlins, Brewers, Phils, Astros, Mariners, Rays under 10 bucks

I guess the Red Sox in town is what is pushing the A's up to 16 bucks

Almost got taken out by a bratwurst…

That would be Buxton's luck. Get taken out for the season by a Brat.

Pretty funny how Hoskins called McNeil a crybaby yesterday then was bawling his eyes out today after that. Hate him.
McNeil is the biggest wuss in baseball.

Users who are viewing this thread