What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official - 2024 Major League Baseball Thread - Mahomes is Better At Baseball Than Jose Abreu*** (1 Viewer)

Didn't realize I hated Rhys Hoskins until yesterday. And I don't particularly care for the Mets or Jeff McNeil

What was their little tickle fight all about? I saw some clips but couldn't fathom what caused the hurt butt.

Oh, I see it now. Hoskins went Ty Cobb on McNeil. Yeah, I'd be mad too, Jeff.
It was a late slide but it wasn't Ty Cobb. The cleats were on the ground and not at the groin.

He went right after his ankle. I've watched it a few times, he slides, then lifts his lead foot up to target McNeil's ankle, which might not be the kibbles n bits, but could really hurt a guy.
No, no he did not. He did slide late which carried him into the ankle. McNeil has done way worse. That same situation happened to me at least once, yea I was pissed and had words with the guy sliding, but McNeil took it to a whole new dooshy level. Especially for a guy who has a history of doing much worse to other players.

/hippling

How in the hell did all the talking heads come up with the idea that Corbin Carroll was a first round pick this year?????

How in the hell did all the talking heads come up with the idea that Corbin Carroll was a first round pick this year?????
Baseball is a long season. Don't overreact to 5 games. He is still getting on base (6 walks) and has stole 2 bases. He is just fine. But if you want to get rid of him I would be happy to take him off your hands because you are right. He is garbage. Forget what I said about long season yada yada. I will give you Estuery Ruiz for him. That guy is hitting .429

Baseball is a long season. Don't overreact to 5 games. He is still getting on base (6 walks) and has stole 2 bases. He is just fine. But if you want to get rid of him I would be happy to take him off your hands because you are right. He is garbage. Forget what I said about long season yada yada. I will give you Estuery Ruiz for him. That guy is hitting .429
I'm looking at 2nd half of last year, spring training and the start of the season.

I'm looking at 2nd half of last year, spring training and the start of the season.
My link

Jays first team in MLB history going back to 1901 to have. a no-hitter and 1 hitter against them in the first 7 games. Bad time for Rogers to spend millions on stadium renovations when nobody will be going by end of May.

Orioles need to shoot Tony Kemp to the moon and call up Holliday. Mayo is ready as well. Perhaps Kjerstad too. Elias is playing a dumb game, imo.

Norfolk Tides in a Rout
That minor league game was crazy. MLB Tonight mentioned April 13th as a possible call up date for Holliday, something about an extra year of control kicks in after that date. I don't know all the details regarding that, just heard them mention last night.

Last edited:
The A's are moving to Sacramento for the next 3 years so this is officially their last year in Oakland.

Huh. Where are they going to play? Haven't been to Sacramento in decades, but I don't recall a baseball stadium.
There is a fairly nice-by AAA standards-minor league stadium they will share with the Giants' affiliate. I was going to say it's nowhere near MLB quality but it's a nicer park than the Coliseum. The whole situation sucks though.

The Tigers have scored 9 runs in 41 innings of baseball if you take out extra innings. This might be a problem going forward.

The Tigers have scored 9 runs in 41 innings of baseball if you take out extra innings. This might be a problem going forward.

and yet, they're not even the worst offender. They have had more runs than Oakland, ChiSox and the Mets who have all of 10 runs all year. :lmao:
Who just so happen to be the Tigers’ first 3 opponents.

It’s like 1968, when nobody could score and the Tigers won all the time. Unfortunately they get transported back to the present in about a week.

and yet, they're not even the worst offender. They have had more runs than Oakland, ChiSox and the Mets who have all of 10 runs all year. :lmao:
Who just so happen to be the Tigers’ first 3 opponents.

It’s like 1968, when nobody could score and the Tigers won all the time. Unfortunately they get transported back to the present in about a week.

10 teams have an OBP below .300. Good god....

White Sox: .244 HOW? How is that possible.

Jays rocking a Team BA of .176 with a .278 OBP . Im shocked this isnt the worst in MLB. Turner the only starter over .300 and Clement and Schneider aren't starters (although both probably should be) so almost all starters are currently below the Mendoza line. But it's early!

Vladimir Guerrero 1B77.208242500110067.367.333.700
George Springer RF77.120255300220055.267.360.627
Justin Turner DH76.318224740140033.423.6361.059
Isiah Kiner-Falefa CF66.250161400000022.368.250.618
Cavan Biggio 2B66.176172300130046.333.353.686
Daulton Varsho LF76.143213310000036.250.190.440
Alejandro Kirk C66.095210200040015.130.095.225
Kevin Kiermaier CF66.056180100011026.150.056.206
Bo Bichette SS55.150201310020013.190.200.390
Ernie Clement SS64.267152400000001.267.267.534
Davis Schneider 2B42.25082200240014.3331.0001.333
Daniel Vogelbach DH31.20050100000011.333.200.533
Brian Serven C31.00040000000003.000.000.000
Team7.1762162238672112952.278.301.579

The A's are moving to Sacramento for the next 3 years so this is officially their last year in Oakland.

Huh. Where are they going to play? Haven't been to Sacramento in decades, but I don't recall a baseball stadium.
There is a fairly nice-by AAA standards-minor league stadium they will share with the Giants' affiliate. I was going to say it's nowhere near MLB quality but it's a nicer park than the Coliseum. The whole situation sucks though.
It definitely a nicer place to watch a game than the Coliseum. That said, my preference has shifted to college baseball over going to watch the A's or Giants. Cal Berkeley and Stanford have nice, small ballparks with awesome atmosphere and the ticket prices are way less.

It was a good run for Trevor Story this year, 34 Ab's before season ended.
It's like the Red Sox sold their souls for their WS wins. Every big signing has been a relative disaster for them
Carl Crawford (basically had to give Adrian Gonzalez away to get rid of his contract)
Chris Sale (granted gave them 1 great year and one good year, but then a bag full of nothing)
Rusney Castillo :x
The aforementioned Story
And they are paying a boatload for Yoshida who's basically a 30 something 1.0 WAR DH ffs
eta How could I forget Pablo Sandoval :x :x

I really need to find a legit dynasty Rotisserie style fantasy baseball league.

I love baseball more than life itself.

Those kind of leagues are tough to find.

I would even be open to a non dynasty rotisserie auction league.

That's the way I played back in the late 80's and early 90's. Was a blast.

By and large roto style is boring as too many teams get essentially eliminated early and then you have a bunch of lame duck teams. The season is just too long.

We started a dynasty h2h points league 15 or so years ago where we play 5 pods (seasons) within the MLB season. There are two 6-team divisions with relegation/promotion every 5 weeks. The final 5 weeks of the MLB season is playoffs based on how many times you were in the upper (Hobbs) division for the year. It works really well as you essentially start over with a 0-0 record every 5 weeks. It keeps interest and you don't get lame duck teams. It has worked really well.

I would like to try this format in roto style because I think that would help promote trading as its hard to trade in a points league. But the owners don't have the desire to go to roto. Most hate that format.

By and large roto style is boring as too many teams get essentially eliminated early and then you have a bunch of lame duck teams. The season is just too long.

We started a dynasty h2h points league 15 or so years ago where we play 5 pods (seasons) within the MLB season. There are two 6-team divisions with relegation/promotion every 5 weeks. The final 5 weeks of the MLB season is playoffs based on how many times you were in the upper (Hobbs) division for the year. It works really well as you essentially start over with a 0-0 record every 5 weeks. It keeps interest and you don't get lame duck teams. It has worked really well.

I would like to try this format in roto style because I think that would help promote trading as its hard to trade in a points league. But the owners don't have the desire to go to roto. Most hate that format.
If you ever have an opening please let me know!!!

Orioles need to shoot Tony Kemp to the moon and call up Holliday. Mayo is ready as well. Perhaps Kjerstad too. Elias is playing a dumb game, imo.

Norfolk Tides in a Rout

They're just trying to manipulate his service time. When he becomes a FA I hope he remembers how the Orioles messed with him.
It could backfire on the Orioles anyway, given the rules put in after the Kris Bryant manipulation by the Cubs several years back.

Norfolk Tides in a Rout

They're just trying to manipulate his service time. When he becomes a FA I hope he remembers how the Orioles messed with him.
Where is Mayo gonna get his AB's right now? And Mateo is starting at 2B so where is Holiday gonna get his AB's

You may think it's manipulation but the Orioles have a great problem.

Tons of talent.

Mayo (who my son played high school ball with) and Holiday can use the 500 AB's down on the farm as they maybe ready......but they are super young.

Their time will come at some point.

Norfolk Tides in a Rout

Where is Mayo gonna get his AB's right now? And Mateo is starting at 2B so where is Holiday gonna get his AB's

You may think it's manipulation but the Orioles have a great problem.

Tons of talent.

Mayo (who my son played high school ball with) and Holiday can use the 500 AB's down on the farm as they maybe ready......but they are super young.

Their time will come at some point.

Mateo? WTF cares about Mateo.

Curious what this David Hamilton can do with Story out for the year. He's got 50 swipe potential.
Is he gonna be the everyday shortstop now?
Not the plan. Word on the street is a platoon with Romy Gonzalez
Strong side platoon but he made a bad error on a DP ball today . I don’t have much hope

He had a nice day at the plate yesterday. He's young. Give him some time.

Curious what this David Hamilton can do with Story out for the year. He's got 50 swipe potential.
Is he gonna be the everyday shortstop now?
Not the plan. Word on the street is a platoon with Romy Gonzalez
Strong side platoon but he made a bad error on a DP ball today . I don’t have much hope

He had a nice day at the plate yesterday. He's young. Give him some time.
Defensively he’s poor and he has 2 extremely poor defenders on each side of him

Users who are viewing this thread