What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

who blew up the nord stream 1 and 2 pipelines (1 Viewer)

at any rate ... I doubt Biden has the capacity to call for sure a move
There’s the pivot :lol:
Seriously. It is super weak sauce and typical @Stealthycat . Going from hmmm, to linking some garbage, to pivoting. I am sure he will be back again tomorrow with the same tired routine.
Well his points about Biden saying he would shut it down were easily shown misguided. Then claims he lied were easily shown wrong. Might as well just pivot.

Seriously. It is super weak sauce and typical @Stealthycat . Going from hmmm, to linking some garbage, to pivoting. I am sure he will be back again tomorrow with the same tired routine.

ya'll want to talk further about Biden saying he would shut it down? or that it never got started to begin with? or dig deep into what and how Biden had handled that all in the past 2 years ?

go ahead - I'll participate - well only until tomorrow when i leave for a 3 day big bass bash on LOZ

want to try and prove Biden wasn't behind it? that he was ? speculate away !!

I found the video interesting - he even kinda went into the creepy whisper thing he does ..... but no, Biden doesn't have the capacity to pull something like that off IMO. I'd bet on Ukraine doing it to cripple Putin some

The US & Russia make no sense to me as the culprit
MBS, then? I guess he could have decided to start his reign as PM with a bang (or three).

Seriously, who stands to gain here?

Likely green lighted by Bartosz Jarmuszkiewicz

Poland is in a dangerous and complex position. NATO, given the current geopolitical reality, will likely abandon Poland if Putin pushes further out and invades them too. The current MSM is suppressing what is really happening in Ukraine. Both sides are taking heavy losses, the often pushed notion that Russia will magically break down is not actual military reality.

From a long term strategic standpoint, it was actually the correct decision. You don't want Germany and Russia at a bargaining table, you want Germany completely invested in a fight once Poland is breached. Germany has spent heavily into their MBT units, and their tanks would be the game changer in a prolonged ground war.

If I was Poland right now, given their position, I would have Tier 1 GROM units release chemical weapons packages in Ukraine, saturating both sides, and say it was Putin. Chemical warfare is inevitable. If that's the new normal, then you need to strike first and reset the practical rules of engagement and media narrative.

The historical reference point is France in WW2. The stories about the Americans landing on D Day and liberating France made for some high profile jingoism and taglines, however the long term devastating damage from being a central battleground and pure carnage machine is not lost on the current modern intelligence agencies today.

During Desert Storm, MI5 proposed simply starving out the enemy. While controversial, this is actually the tactically expedient decision. Corporations own politicians, thus the children of Russian oligarchs that are in the West will not be subjected to routine snatch and grabs as priority HVTs. But that's exactly what should be happening now. This is where Taylor Sheridan was correct - Killing a king ends wars it doesn't start them, if you want to start a real war, kidnap a prince. If US intelligence agencies won't do that, then target the key players in Russia's internal food production.

Starve them out. Do it long enough and the fringe working classes will revolt. They'll do the killing for you. They'll kill whole families. They'll kill children. They'll eradicate entire blood lines. The antidote to the wealthy elite has always been the rage of the unforgiving mob storming the gates.

The alternative is the risk of outright World War or potential nuclear war.

Some of you won't be able to stomach that. But nearly all here don't understand the mechanics of war. There are no good options in war. There are no good answers in war. There's a choice between millions of them can die or we can all die together, including your children.

Wow. That was a pretty fast investigation. Almost like they knew exactly when this was going to happen.
Tucker already had these talking points blaming the US going last night. He gets them fast.
Currently watching Ingraham (at the in-laws).

I’m not up to date on this issue. Why is Fox apparently defending Russia and claiming we did this? I don’t get it.

Wow. That was a pretty fast investigation. Almost like they knew exactly when this was going to happen.
Tucker already had these talking points blaming the US going last night. He gets them fast.

I’m not up to date on this issue. Why is Fox apparently defending Russia and claiming we did this? I don’t get it.
Hunter Biden. Or just to blame Biden and Democrats.

Very few scholars will look at The Holocaust during WW2 from a logistical perspective. It would likely end their academic careers to do so. But it highlights the practical problems of war.

What if Germany had simply chosen to not persecute the Jews and instead rolled them into their war effort? That's a lot of young men who can pick up rifles. Lots of skilled labor like doctors, engineers, mechanics and the like who were incinerated and massacred instead of joining the fight against the Allies. Then there was the vast resource and manpower costs to deal with persecuting and killing all the Jews. You need a complex web of administration and structure to pull something like that off, again, more men, money, resources and effort that could have been spent fighting the Allies.

Germany lost WW2. But they didn't lose by a ton.

FDR could have made a choice to save a large portion of the Jews who were slaughtered. He didn't. Because the world was on a knife's edge. It was the same logistical questions, not just foreign policy ones. Man power, equipment, resources, administration, bureaucracy, and what would be the returns on that investment towards winning the war?

Millions of Jews were executed that could have been saved. It was an ugly trade off to protect the interests of Americans first. That includes future generations which also includes people like you. You, like nearly all here, were fortunate enough to be born into freedom and abundance. "Abundance" against the rest of the world and against all of recorded human history. That "abundance" was built on blood. A long history of blood. Lots of good men died while bleeding and fighting so you could pretend otherwise. You'll virtue signal and say, "I'm not that kind of person. America is not full of that kind of people" I guess if that helps you sleep at night. But make no mistake, you get to sleep at night because hardened killers man the watchtowers around you.

Their children can die. Or your children can die. That's not just the current trade off, that's the bargain laid to bare all throughout our nation's history.

The next World War, the United States won't be spared the direct carnage like the first two. There will be unrelenting acts of mass terrorism. You'll be surprised at how little virtue you'll have to signal when you'll have to watch American children dying around you, and wonder if yours will be next.

The problem you have, like many Americans, is that you are applying Western standards, built upon a life of abundance, against the rest of the world. How utterly arrogant to do so. Another way to unpack this is many like you believe your feelings, in a desperate attempt to collect said "virtue", overrules recorded human history, practical warfare and the current geopolitical reality around you. If America's children are slaughtered wholesale, then there is no virtue. That our children are kept from harm, no matter the cost, is the only real virtue that matters.

Don't believe me? Ask every parent here what they would give and sacrifice to keep their kids safe.

European security officials observed Russian Navy ships in vicinity of Nord Stream pipeline leaks

European security officials on Monday and Tuesday observed Russian Navy support ships in the vicinity of leaks in the Nord Stream pipelines likely caused by underwater explosions, according two Western intelligence officials and one other source familiar with the matter.

It's unclear whether the ships had anything to do with those explosions, these sources and others said -- but it's one of the many factors that investigators will be looking into.

Russian submarines were also observed not far from those areas last week, one of the intelligence officials said.

Russian ships routinely operate in the area, according to one Danish military official, who emphasized that the presence of the ships doesn't necessarily indicate that Russia caused the damage.

"We see them every week," this person said. "Russian activities in the Baltic Sea have increased in recent years. They're quite often testing our awareness -- both at sea and in the air."

But the sightings still cast further suspicion on Russia, which has drawn the most attention from both European and US officials as the only actor in the region believed to have both the capability and motivation to deliberately damage the pipelines.

US officials declined to comment on the intelligence about the ships on Wednesday.

Because that's what gets views on their channel and clicks on their website....nothing more.

Fourth leak in Nord Stream confirmed by Swedish coast guard
From CNN's Jorge Engels
A fourth leak in the Nord Stream pipelines was confirmed by Sweden's coast guard on Thursday.
"There are currently two gas leaks in Swedish waters, a larger leak above North Stream 1, and a smaller leak above North Stream 2. Two leaks have also been reported in Danish waters," Sweden’s coast guard said in a statement.
The coast guard added that one of its vessels near the pair of leaks in its home seas was reporting a "constant flow" of gas to the surface.

The confirmation comes after Germany's ambassador to the UK, Miguel Berger, said earlier Thursday that a fourth leak had been discovered.
The leaks in Swedish waters are approximately 1.8 kilometers (1 nautical mile or 1.1 miles) apart, with the distance from the smaller Swedish leak to the closest Danish leak being 4.6 kilometers (2.6 nautical miles), the coast guard said.

The statement concluded by specifying that the coast guard’s vessel is in possession of a remotely operated vehicle but not a submarine, which the Swedish Coast Guard said it neither owns nor operates.

Just killing time and enjoying the discourse about Biden pooping his pants while masterminding pipeline destruction in the Baltic Sea.
This ranks right up there with GWB being the mastermind of 9/11 and Queen Elizabeth being assassinated because she was part of an elite global pedophile ring.
Yep. Everyone knows Hillary was behind those.

Wait a second....where was Hillary the day before yesterday?
This will probably be the second segment on Hannity tonight.

Probably. The 1/6 Committee Prime Time Telenovela Special has been a complete dud so people need to get their high drama from somewhere. :shrug:
I'm sure Tucker will bring Tulsi on and they'll parrot whatever Putin's claims are about this.

Because that's what gets views on their channel and clicks on their website....nothing more.
But… why? People really prefer to defend Russia if it means making Biden the bad guy?

But… why? People really prefer to defend Russia if it means making Biden the bad guy?
Oh, I have no idea why people watch Fox or any of our other MSM outlets. Quitting them was one of the best things I ever did, but yeah...tribalism is a real thing. Just look at our electorate today vs 50 years ago and compare how it handled the Nixon stuff vs this Trump stuff. It's pure tribalism for many.

I honestly think people who post “Biden” or “Trump”, even as a question or joke, even suggesting that the “other side” will make this claim, should be suspended.

This is another example of the woke left wanting to censor voices that they disagree with. Make no mistake, Tim is against free speech. The above makes it blatantly obvious that he wants to silence those who voice a narrative different than his.

As to whether the US icould be responsible, look no further than Biden's words two weeks prior to the Russian invasion. "If Russia invades, that means tanks and troops crossing the border, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

So there is a valid and convincing argument that the US is responsible for the sabotage and don't let Tim say otherwise.

I have no evidence of it, but I have to imagine that Russia either has blackmail on Tucker and Tulsi and a couple others... or is paying them, either directly or via dark money donations (for the politicians). It just seems like they're ALWAYS on the Russian propaganda talking points. I don't think anyone who truly loved the US would full sail swallow everything Russia says 100% of the time like they do.

Could the most obvious and logical solution be correct? Why not take Biden's threat to end the pipeline seriously? Could the right wing media outlets actually be reporting news this time?

Disgusting claims as always with the pundit. Really really awful look linking that here.
It was an interesting analysis.
Dark Brandon is not to be trifled with.
Fun fact: The dark Brandon nickname was born after he pooped his pants at the vatican
His gas pipeline gave him more than he bargained for.

I honestly think people who post “Biden” or “Trump”, even as a question or joke, even suggesting that the “other side” will make this claim, should be suspended.

This is another example of the woke left wanting to censor voices that they disagree with. Make no mistake, Tim is against free speech. The above makes it blatantly obvious that he wants to silence those who voice a narrative different than his.

As to whether the US icould be responsible, look no further than Biden's words two weeks prior to the Russian invasion. "If Russia invades, that means tanks and troops crossing the border, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

So there is a valid and convincing argument that the US is responsible for the sabotage and don't let Tim say otherwise.
No there, really isn't. The project was already halted. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson

Could the most obvious and logical solution be correct? Why not take Biden's threat to end the pipeline seriously? Could the right wing media outlets actually be reporting news this time?
Is “stopping the pipeline” the same as it never coming online?

No there, really isn't. The project was already halted. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson

[Binden]We will bring an end to it.[/Biden]

I don't see any Tucker in there.

Why are the lefties so quick to ignore Biden's threats?

Reading down? "We will bring an end to it."

They're not saying it as news. It seems quite clear they're stating they're opinions (which is fine, as it is an opinion-type show). Just seems like an interesting opinion to champion when one doesn't actually know.

I have no evidence of it, but I have to imagine that Russia either has blackmail on Tucker and Tulsi and a couple others... or is paying them, either directly or via dark money donations (for the politicians). It just seems like they're ALWAYS on the Russian propaganda talking points. I don't think anyone who truly loved the US would full sail swallow everything Russia says 100% of the time like they do.
Yeah, maybe.

I mean I get that there are some Republicans who hate Democrats with a true (and vice versa). And I get that there's a solid business model for talking heads to pander to such an audience (Tucker, Alex Jones, Ingraham, that yelling Levin guy). But Russia seems like the line not worth crossing.

This thread has many examples of how successful these Russian influence operations are.

"Walter, this is not a First Amendment thing, man."

If one is going to go all in on Biden bringing it to an end, wouldn't it require the result to actually BE "bringing it to an end". From what I've read, while damaged, they aren't destroyed. It's almost as if someone knew how far to go without it being complete destruction.

Millions of Jews were executed that could have been saved. It was an ugly trade off to protect the interests of Americans first. That includes future generations which also includes people like you. You, like nearly all here, were fortunate enough to be born into freedom and abundance. "Abundance" against the rest of the world and against all of recorded human history. That "abundance" was built on blood. A long history of blood. Lots of good men died while bleeding and fighting so you could pretend otherwise. You'll virtue signal and say, "I'm not that kind of person. America is not full of that kind of people" I guess if that helps you sleep at night. But make no mistake, you get to sleep at night because hardened killers man the watchtowers around you.
When I was deployed, we had Ugandan soldiers manning the watchtowers. Thank god, cause it's a boring task. I regularly talked to one of the Ugandans who had not seen his wife or two kids in 3 years. He was an E6 making $700 per month, which he said was 2-3 times his regular pay at home. The Ugandans adopted stray dogs. I saw them chasing after rabbits around the perimeter. My friend was usually eating crackers and nuts which he said was a fine diet but the well water that I poured bleach into and then dumped in trash cans for their consumption was making him feel like he had rocks in his stomach.

Why are you so quick to ignore logic and reason? The pipeline was non functional and put on hold once Russia invaded Ukraine

If one is going to go all in on Biden bringing it to an end, wouldn't it require the result to actually BE "bringing it to an end". From what I've read, while damaged, they aren't destroyed. It's almost as if someone knew how far to go without it being complete destruction.
Biden obviously planned this all before the invasion and is just now deciding to blow them up when Russia is getting run back out of many areas of Ukraine. Or people are falling for/spreading classic Russian projection propaganda.

Occam’s razor

Occam’s razor
Exactly this...no idea why there's this focus on Biden instead.

This is the problem with the internet and social media. They are taking one statement by Biden and ignoring all context then using it as a gotcha that Biden commited a terrorist act. Anyone who knows the context around that statement by Biden knows that he was trying to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. And he carried through on that threat by getting Germany to pull the certification for Nord Stream 2.

Why are you so quick to ignore logic and reason? The pipeline was non functional and put on hold once Russia invaded Ukraine

Ummm no. You're the one ignoring logic and reason. I am simply quoting Biden who said he would put an end to the pipeline. Someone did sabotage the pipeline--why should we not suspect someone who said they would do exactly that. Maybe try to be objective?

A homicide detective wouldn't be around long if they ignored suspects who are on record threatening people who are subsequently murdered.

Reading down? "We will bring an end to it."
Do you think perhaps you are looking into this a bit much? Remember Joe isn't exactly the most silver tongued speaker. Germany, Ted Cruz, others shared this same language regarding using sanctions / leverage in regards to "stopping" the pipeline.

I am simply quoting Biden who said he would put an end to the pipeline. Someone did sabotage the pipeline--why should we not suspect someone who said they would do exactly that.
Biden didn't say he was going to sabotage the pipeline. Not even close.

This is the problem with the internet and social media. They are taking one statement by Biden and ignoring all context then using it as a gotcha that Biden commited a terrorist act. Anyone who knows the context around that statement by Biden knows that he was trying to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. And he carried through on that threat by getting Germany to pull the certification for Nord Stream 2.
As one who does follow the aspects of the spin / political gamesmanship I enjoyed that when pointing out that Biden might have done this rather gangster action, the most partisan also had to simultaneously make the point that Biden is also vegetable.

Users who are viewing this thread