What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite stand up comics... (2 Viewers)

Rock... Emo is forever linked for me to getting the boot from letterman for doing a pedophile rape bit. I remember watching that live and thinking.. whoa. He was already mostly bombing iirc, and he just went for it I guess.

Oh my God. I just saw this. That's...welp. I'll try and find out more about that. Emo is an acquired taste, one I liked more and got more as I got older. Have no idea what to really say about that.

The Flip Sides Of Emo Philips

...It was while discussing Judy Tenuta, who like Emo is an ingenious, off-center comic from Chicago. At one point, they were romantically involved (which must have made for some truly curious dates), and they recently were co-hosts for “Friday Night Videos.”

“She’s a lot of fun,” Emo said. “And I think she’s the funniest comedienne in the country, except for maybe Richard Simmons.”

What did make complete sense was his answer when asked which comics he particularly admired. A big favorite was the late Andy Kaufman, an often-bizarre performer whose career was built around blurring the line between fantasy and reality.

“I was also a big fan of **** Shawn,” he said. “I saw his one-man show and thought it was wonderful.”

Emo also said what he really liked was that Shawn was on stage telling a joke when he died: “It made sense that he would die at that point (in the performance). It’s not like it was out of context.”

He gargled the water one more time, pondered for a moment, then whispered, “That’s how I would like to go. During a joke.”

Robin Williams

Maybe the funniest sad cokehead at a party ever. Dude was wayyyyy on.

eta* That was harsh. Before stardom hit and he was confined by that, he was extraordinarily funny. Captial "F" funny.

"Look, my Lord. See the moon tonight, it hangs low.

Like a testicle."

This is hilarious. Just looked for his tour, and he's doing 3 nights of shows about 5 miles from me. 6 sold out shows and I can't find any tickets on any aftermarket site.
your post prompted me to look, turns out he's right near me next week, but I cant touch a ticket for under $550/per. Oh well, next time.
Wife just heard about him too, watched a youtube...meh, looked at at tix and holy eff.

This is hilarious. Just looked for his tour, and he's doing 3 nights of shows about 5 miles from me. 6 sold out shows and I can't find any tickets on any aftermarket site.
your post prompted me to look, turns out he's right near me next week, but I cant touch a ticket for under $550/per. Oh well, next time.
Wife just heard about him too, watched a youtube...meh, looked at at tix and holy eff.
I’m getting that he’s a kinda young, cute and funny guy that gives housewives a little rumble between the thighs and all the old married guys are snapping up tickets to get the wife out, dressed up and a little loose for some well overdue happy time afterwards.

At least that’s what I thought when I was considering dropping a grand on them. Lol.

havent seen if he has a special yet - but he was on season1 of The Standups

Nate Bargatze

I have no idea if this Fallon bit is funny - I can't watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd31dbJvGaU
I’ve seen him live. He’s freakin hilarious
He's coming to Tampa on 12/9. Tickets just announced yesterday.
Sitting 19th row center
Just got 6 tickets for his show here in October. I had 2nd row, front and center and lost it. Still ended up 4th row in the right section, Can't wait.

I can watch this every day and laugh my *** off like I did the first time I watched it

Bernie Mac - I ain't scared

Say what you want about Rogan but his Comedy Mothership is running a **** ton of comics through Austin right now, follow them on Instagram for a good list of fresh comics and the old standards.

Tom Segura and his wife Christina Pazsitzky are both freaking hilarious.

I love Bert Kreischer although I get he's not everyone's cup of tea. He reminds me so much of a guy I grew up with that I feel like every group of friends has, that one chubby funny guy who always gets drunk and tells great stories.

Iliza Shlesinger is also really funny and has several Netflix specials. She gets a bit heavy at times on the "girls rule boys drool" vibe but she's hilarious to watch bc of the faces and voices she does.

Sebastian Maniscalco
Terrible. This guy's shtick is way too much.

You know who is also terrible? Jim Gaffigan
:no:
Which one of those doofuses are you a fan of?
I'm guessing Gaffigan who is a smart comic, he writes good jokes. Maniscalco is a much more likable Dane Cook.
He may be smart, but he does that stupid voice with all his same jokes

Sebastian Maniscalco

I'm guessing Gaffigan who is a smart comic, he writes good jokes. Maniscalco is a much more likable Dane Cook.
He may be smart, but he does that stupid voice with all his same jokes
Annoying, agreed.

Even though he's the #1 comic of Cracker Barrel, he's a sharp guy. But yea, annoying voice. His crowd never gets sick of it, that's for sure

Sebastian Maniscalco

I have to disagree. Dane Cook and Maniscalco don't belong in the same sentence. Cook did/does/will always suck!

Maniscalco was fall down hysterical a decade ago. Like, can't breathe from laughing too much funny.

He's still good, but honestly his last Vegas special was average at best when measured against what he could be.

Dave Chapelle
Ricky Gervais
Ron White
Sam Kinison (RIP)
Rodney Dangerfield
Bill Burr
Eddie Murphy
Norm MacDonald (RIP)
Sebastian M.
Dave Atell
Louis C.K.
Garry Shandling
Emo Phillips
Greg Hahn
Jimmy Pardo
Greg Proops
Whitney Cummings
Jim Norton
Steven Wright
Gilbert Gottfried (RIP)
Greg Gelraldo (RIP)
John Mulaney
Nick Swardson
Jim Gaffigan
Anthony Jeslnik
Brian Regan
Jeffrey Ross

Last edited:
Dave Chapelle
Ricky Gervais
Ron White
Sam Kinison (RIP)
Rodney Dangerfield
Bill Burr
Eddie Murphy
Norm MacDonald (RIP)
Sebastian M.
Dave Atell
Louis C.K.
Garry Shandling
Emo Phillips
Greg Hahn
Jimmy Pardo
Greg Proops
Whitney Cummings
Jim Norton
Steven Wright
Gilbert Gottfried (RIP)
Greg Gelraldo (RIP)
John Mulaney
Nick Swardson
Jim Gaffigan
Anthony Jeslnik
Brian Regan
Jeffrey Ross
Great list. I would add Mitch Hedberg to it.

Anthony Jeselnik
I've seen some videos of him interviewing other comedians. Those are hilarious. I'm not sure what program/podcast they are from?

Good Talk on Comedy Central.

You have to be, uhhm, a certain kind of person to enjoy his stand up.

huh? :oldunsure:
People ask me what it was like, to take your friend to get an abortion. It was boring. I don't know why I thought it was going to be fun and exciting. But trust me, the only person more disappointed than me that day was the baby. *

This guy is not touring with Jim Gaffigan on his next swing through the Bible Belt.

*The follow up joke was even darker. I have queued it here for your pleasure.

People ask me what it was like, to take your friend to get an abortion. It was boring. I don't know why I thought it was going to be fun and exciting. But trust me, the only person more disappointed than me that day was the baby. *

This guy is not touring with Jim Gaffigan on his next swing through the Bible Belt.

yeah, a lot of dark stuff - but it's hilarious, not sure how that relates to having to be a "certain type of person"

Anthony Jeselnik
I've seen some videos of him interviewing other comedians. Those are hilarious. I'm not sure what program/podcast they are from?

huh? :oldunsure:

I find him hysterical; especially the look he gives after a joke like this.... yeah I know, but your laughing anyway so who is the sick one.

Anthony Jeselnik

Sexy/attractive/intelligent/capable of seeing humor in taboo subjects and smart enough to understand it doesn't reflect on your morals or opinions on the subject?

yeah, a lot of dark stuff - but it's hilarious, not sure how that relates to having to be a "certain type of person"

I don’t expect everyone can find the humor in jokes about dead babies or rape I guess.

Stavros is a very funny guy

Shout out to Matt McCarthy - stand up comedian, owner of one of the most impressive physical media collections in the world, and co-host of my favorite podcast.

I don’t expect everyone can find the humor in jokes about dead babies or rape I guess.
Jeselnik has joked that he regularly causes relationships to end at his shows. Couples will split up because one will say to the other "You find that funny?"
I do find him funny because as a previous poster said he has mastered the bait and switch. I don't find Jimmy Carr as funny because at times he just seems to say shocking things to get gasps from the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread