What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite stand up comics... (1 Viewer)

The last Tomlinson show we were at was pretty much just about her adventures in therapy....it got a little boring if I'm being honest :mellow:

The last Tomlinson show we were at was pretty much just about her adventures in therapy....it got a little boring if I'm being honest :mellow:
These are not happy people. They all pretty effed up.
That does seem to be a theme among those in the industry right? It's similar to ministers in churches. I had heard rumblings about just how tough a job it is mentally. I never knew the intensity of it until my brother became one. He doesn't have much of a problem with it, but he's told me more than enough stories of people he knows and the things they are going through.

Anthony Jeselnik
I've seen some videos of him interviewing other comedians. Those are hilarious. I'm not sure what program/podcast they are from?
I hadn't heard that Jeselnik was on tour again (Bones and All tour). But, I saw on social media he was coming to a city close by me. I checked his website and I'm now the proud owner of two tickets to his mid-August show in my city. I showed my wife some of his video clips. She's a little unsure, but on board with going.

Anthony Jeselnik
I've seen some videos of him interviewing other comedians. Those are hilarious. I'm not sure what program/podcast they are from?
I hadn't heard that Jeselnik was on tour again (Bones and All tour). But, I saw on social media he was coming to a city close by me. I checked his website and I'm now the proud owner of two tickets to his mid-August show in my city. I showed my wife some of his video clips. She's a little unsure, but on board with going.

Following a joke about the very taboo topic of transgendered folks:

“But, I hear this all the time. People’ll be like, “Anthony, that was really funny. But, man, women must hate you. Women must come to your shows and hate the **** out of you.” And I always say, “No. No. Stupid women hate my shows.” “Stupid women hate my shows. Smart women… don’t come to my shows.”

I must be very out of touch regarding comedians and their level of popularity. The last comedian I saw was Nate Bargatze and he played the local 2500 seat venue. On the same night, Trevor Noah was in town and played the local sports arena that seats about 17000.
I now have tickets to see Anthony Jeselnik in a venue that seats about 1000.Taylor Tomlinson is playing two nights at the same venue Bargatze played. Jimmy Carr is playing there 2 nights as well. Even Chris D'Elia is playing one night at the 2500 seat venue too.
I hadn't heard of Tomlinson until someone mentioned her in this thread.

Last edited:
Anthony Jeselnik

oh yeah ...

Debbie

Neal Brennan comes to mind. He shares a lot about his mental health issues.
Specifically the Three Mics one, correct? Or am I misremembering that set?

Yea, but he has a more recent one (and a podcast with the same theme) called "Blocks".

Neal Brennan comes to mind. He shares a lot about his mental health issues.
Specifically the Three Mics one, correct? Or am I misremembering that set?
what cockroach said. Blocks. it even showed some of the treatment he was getting overseas. Really feel for the guy.

Anybody get the Matt Rife hype? He's a 23 year old comedian whos TikTok famous. He's doing his first big tour and tickets are outrageous, starting over $300 for nosebleeds, and that's not even secondary market. For good seats, tickets are going for $1000+. WTF?!

This guy's charging more for tickets than pretty much anyone out there, and he's selling out venues left and right. I just don't get it.

Anybody get the Matt Rife hype? He's a 23 year old comedian whos TikTok famous. He's doing his first big tour and tickets are outrageous, starting over $300 for nosebleeds, and that's not even secondary market. For good seats, tickets are going for $1000+. WTF?!

This guy's charging more for tickets than pretty much anyone out there, and he's selling out venues left and right. I just don't get it.
He's getting it while he can get it.

Seen his videos on Youtube. No doubt he's pretty quick on his feet with the banter from his audience, but his audience is generally dumber than a box of rocks (from what I've seen on YT).

Never heard of him until my wife’s friend said they should go to his show. Think he appeals to women.

The womenfolk seem to love him.

Never heard of him until last week when my 23 YO niece told me that her and her sister (and husband/boyfriend) were taking off work, and paying an insane amount of money to go see him. They all have savings goals that this will impede, but it was explained in a way that life can't go on without seeing this guy live.

Sounds like Dane Cook 2.0

Seen his videos on Youtube. No doubt he's pretty quick on his feet with the banter from his audience, but his audience is generally dumber than a box of rocks (from what I've seen on YT).

I've seen him, crowd-work hack.

seriously.

the girls love him - honestly, I think he has a very weird look about him - like and early Bogdanoff twin

I've seen him, crowd-work hack.

seriously.

the girls love him - honestly, I think he has a very weird look about him - like and early Bogdanoff twin
Saw him refer to himself as looking like a handsome lesbian. Nailed it, I'd say.

Sounds like Dane Cook 2.0
Rife is actively unfunny.

How dare you compare him to the great Dane Cook.

Just watched some more Tosh clips. Wow he's good.

Not getting the Nate Bargatze hype. He's a good comedian, but I can't fathom why he'd be near the top of anyone's list.

There is no accounting for taste in stand-up comedy, it seems. My family likes to watch stand-up. I've noticed a real movement away from comedy and into personalized observations. Like the woman upthread talking about her therapy. It's awful. I recently got to see the woman who does the Lois voice from Family Guy do her own comedy "special," which was exactly that. As soon as she started singing a song about getting slapped in the face with a ****, I gave up.

We're going to hell in a handbasket.

I was dying from the first 15 minutes of Gaffigan's latest special. It slowed down after that and I need to finish the special this week.

Anyone know of Theo Von?

I kinda-sorta know him or at least have interacted with him on Twitter/X since he's good buddies with one of my side-gig business partners.

Some highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haf0p-sFsEo
Tried watching him but didn't get into it. A good friend of mine loves him, so maybe it's me.
Understandable. A lot of comics these days try to be edgy and it doesn't always come across as funny. I haven't seen much of him but he has a solid Twitter/X following and a girl that I know absolutely loves him so I'm trying to get her some VIP passes when he's up where she lives in NorCal.

Anyone know of Theo Von?

I kinda-sorta know him or at least have interacted with him on Twitter/X since he's good buddies with one of my side-gig business partners.

Theo is big time. He’s definitely a vibe. I enjoy his humor as I like his outlandish stories. He’s certainly not for everybody—but once you kinda open up to his style he can be very enjoyable.

Theo Vonn is a lot funnier just talking to people on podcasts than he is as a stand up.
Why is this?

I came to Theo Von seeing podcast clips, then saw his actual stand-up. I don't know how anyone could think anything other than what you posted.

Not a slam on Theo Von. His special wasn't awful, but he's aamazing off the cuff as a guest. So good that his comedy disappoints.

I doubt it matters much. Von will make money as long as he wants to.

Anyone know of Theo Von?

Wasn’t this guy on like all of the MTV reality/challenge shows or something?

Seems to now be really playing up the southern white trash/redneck thing.
Yeah he was first on Road Rules like 20+ years ago while in college, and since then been on a few follow-up shows.

Users who are viewing this thread