What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite stand up comics... (1 Viewer)

Anybody get the Matt Rife hype? He's a 23 year old comedian whos TikTok famous. He's doing his first big tour and tickets are outrageous, starting over $300 for nosebleeds, and that's not even secondary market. For good seats, tickets are going for $1000+. WTF?!

This guy's charging more for tickets than pretty much anyone out there, and he's selling out venues left and right. I just don't get it.
Sounds like Dane Cook 2.0
Rife is actively unfunny.

How dare you compare him to the great Dane Cook.
51 year old Dane Cook just got married...good for him.

Anybody get the Matt Rife hype? He's a 23 year old comedian whos TikTok famous. He's doing his first big tour and tickets are outrageous, starting over $300 for nosebleeds, and that's not even secondary market. For good seats, tickets are going for $1000+. WTF?!

This guy's charging more for tickets than pretty much anyone out there, and he's selling out venues left and right. I just don't get it.
Sounds like Dane Cook 2.0
Rife is actively unfunny.

How dare you compare him to the great Dane Cook.
51 year old Dane Cook just got married...good for him.

they allegedly have been dating for 7 years :unsure:

Anyone know of Theo Von?

I kinda-sorta know him or at least have interacted with him on Twitter/X since he's good buddies with one of my side-gig business partners.

Some highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haf0p-sFsEo
Theo is big time. He’s definitely a vibe. I enjoy his humor as I like his outlandish stories. He’s certainly not for everybody—but once you kinda open up to his style he can be very enjoyable.
I love Theo Vonn. I didnt realize he was a standup comic. He says some whacky **** that cracks me up.

Hes great at crowd interaction and playing off that. I dont really think he tells jokes per se.

Anyone know of Theo Von?

I kinda-sorta know him or at least have interacted with him on Twitter/X since he's good buddies with one of my side-gig business partners.

Some highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haf0p-sFsEo
Theo is big time. He’s definitely a vibe. I enjoy his humor as I like his outlandish stories. He’s certainly not for everybody—but once you kinda open up to his style he can be very enjoyable.
I love Theo Vonn. I didnt realize he was a standup comic. He says some whacky **** that cracks me up.
He's into fantasy football. If you follow him on Twitter/X you should drop some football knowledge on him, he'd appreciate it!

I think he got more into directing and what not, but Robert Townsend was my favorite as a kid for a minute. He was great.

A guy who keeps popping up on my tiktok feed that I find hilarious is Shane Gillis
I watched his new Netflix special a few weeks ago and laughed harder than I have in a long time. Then I went and found his Live in Austin show on YouTube and I think I laughed even harder.

Watched Matt Rife on Netflix.

Not funny.
Yea this guy is not funny at all
I like his crowd work which seems to be the theme these days with comics.

Shane Gillis is hilarious, no question. I saw him first on Rogan with the Protect our Parks podcasts with him, Rogan, Mark Norman & Ari Shaffir. The first two were hilarious, they've gone down hill some since because I think they are trying to recreate the magic of the first ones but they are still a must listen for me when they do one.

I thought I posted this already but if you haven't seen Leanne Morgan's Netflix special you should check it out. She's great.

I was dating a woman right before I met my wife... Interesting background, grew up in an actual hippy commune in NCal. She was developing that into a one woman show in NYC and was workshopping it in various ways, including doing standup.

Saw her c1997 at a tiny spot in my hood called the Pink Pony for a just above open mic, but not too much, gig with a handful of other performers and their small groups of friends each at a different table to watch.

Friends and i forced ourselves to laugh during her set...more interesting anecdotes than humor. Guy before her was much the same, quality of humor-wise. After she finished and sat down with us, I contemplated bailing to avoid honest answers about my thoughts on her set. But thought I'd see a bit of the next guy first...

It was Jim Gaffigan. And he ****ing slayed. And iirc, may have been a catalyst in our breaking up. 😂 Been a big fan ever since.

A guy who keeps popping up on my tiktok feed that I find hilarious is Shane Gillis
I watched his new Netflix special a few weeks ago and laughed harder than I have in a long time. Then I went and found his Live in Austin show on YouTube and I think I laughed even harder.
Anyone know if there are any other sets available apart from these two?

The latest specials by Gervais and Chappelle were a step down from their usual high quality.
Burr, Mark Normand and Louis C.K still on top of their game.

The latest specials by Gervais and Chappelle were a step down from their usual high quality.
Agreed on Gervais and Chappelle. Ricky seemed to just rush another one out for some reason and alot of it didn't hit. Dave's was just off. The laughs were there but they weren't the same. Eh, I'd still pay to see them.

I’ve seen clips of a couple bits from something that wasn’t those two, but I’m not sure what it was.

Shane Gillis is not funny

Yes he is.

Bert Kreischer is not.
I love Shane’s stand up, but I don’t think I’ve really laughed at any of the clips I’ve seen from podcasts.
Yeah there is a lot of podcast stuff that is extreme hit and miss as there is no structure. The stuff on the Presidents with Louis CK was frustrating, but interesting.
I was looking for sets. There is a 16 min set at a record store. Surely there must be more

Cool topic.

I remember my parents had some friends over and the kids were told to go play in bedroom. The year was 1984ish, they watched Eddie Murphy Delirious. What a masterpiece that was. I remember pretending to play with my Star Wars toys in the hallway listening to it. Changed my view of life itself. Followed up with Raw. Game. Set. Match. Ha ha.

Stumbled into George Carlin. That guy had some hilarious epic rants.

More current ones. Obviously Chappelle. Older Chris Rock was great. I really enjoyed Daniel Tosh specials. Bill Burr and Ron White are the elder folks that bring the heat. Anthony Jeselnik has a nice style. I found Theo Vons podcast this past year. Dude is so odd it's hilarious.

Haven’t read this whole thread but Nate Bargatze slays me. The Starbucks bits and EXACTLY like my wife and I so we were both dying
The iced coffee whipped cream thing? So funny

I was in Vegas last weekend and ordered a coffee at the blackjack tables at 11pm. The waitress asked if I wanted whipped cream. I immediately started saying "ice coffee whipped cream" over and over again. Three of the guys at the table looked at me like I was a moron, and two of them started laughing hysterically.

That Starbucks bit is absolutely one of my favorite bits of all-time.

Definitely agree about Gervais. Haven't seen the latest Chappelle special yet.

I saw Pete Holmes' latest "I Am Not For Everyone" and thought I would give it a try because I've seen him on some talk shows. It was horrible. I think I watched about 20 minutes of it before giving up.

Definitely agree about Gervais. Haven't seen the latest Chappelle special yet.

I saw Pete Holmes' latest "I Am Not For Everyone" and thought I would give it a try because I've seen him on some talk shows. It was horrible. I think I watched about 20 minutes of it before giving up.
Agree on the Pete Holmes one. While on Pete’s
The new Pete Davidson one Turbo Fonzarelli started real bad but picked up. I had liked his previous stand uo. Angry Pete doesnt work well.

The latest Chapelle special was not good.
He may be at the point where he just thinks he's a genius and everything he says is some earth shattering revelation of immense knowledge and humor. Kinda sad, cause he's a phenom when he's just trying to be funny

Users who are viewing this thread